A clinically proven formula that works like a prebiotic, probiotic, symbiotic, and postbiotic all in one to support microbiome and gut health.
- The only formula that has unique probiotics as well as supporting strains to increase colonization and effectiveness, and naturally produces short chain fatty acids like butyrate and propionate
- Reduces the growth of pathogenic bacteria while promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria like Bifidobacterium and akkermansia
- Normalizes the inflammatory response, promotes detoxification, supports immunity and provides relief from allergies
- Proven to help prevent traveler’s and antibiotic-induced diarrhea
- The only probiotic in Canada that includes a strain which produces clinical amounts of butyric acid
The gut microbiome is essential to normal health and well-being all over the body. Probiotic-3 is a unique synergistic probiotic formula that contains three bacterial species with specific health promoting attributes: Enterococcus faecium T-110, Clostridium butyricum TO-A, and Bacillus subtilis TO-A. While these three strains are newer to the North American market, they have been widely used in hospitals and pharmacies throughout Asia since the early 1960’s.
C. butyricum TO-A is a natural resident of the human gastrointestinal tract. It breaks down dietary fibre into short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs); butyrate, propionate and acetate. The benefits of these SCFAs include supporting a healthy inflammatory response, and protection against intestinal damage1 and immune support.2 E. faecium T-110 is a natural resident of the human gastrointestinal tract that works with C. butyricum to create a balanced microbiome. It produces lactic acid, which reduces the gastrointestinal pH, thus preventing the growth of harmful bacteria.3 It has also been shown to reduce the severity of acute diarrhea. B. subtilis TO-A is a prebiotic that supports the growth of E. faecium and C. butyricum, to increase their growth by 10 times.
Clinical studies have shown wide-ranging health benefits including improved immunity, reduced bloating, constipation and diarrhea, positive effects on cognition and mood disorders.
Probiotic-3’s unique symbiotic formula combines three human strains that have been clinically studied in more than 40 human studies. It is stable at room temperature and is highly resistant to bile and gastric acids. Additionally, this formula has 60 years of use in hospitals and pharmacies throughout Asia. Each strain was carefully chosen to ensure synergy and safety with the others.
- Glocker E-O, Kotlarz D, Boztug K, et al. Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Mutations Affecting the Interleukin-10 Receptor. N Engl J Med. 2009;361(21):2033-2045. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa0907206.
- Hayashi A, Sato T, Kamada N, et al. A single strain of Clostridium butyricum induces intestinal IL-10-producing macrophages to suppress acute experimental colitis in mice. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;13(6):711-722. doi:10.1016/j.chom.2013.05.013.
- Takahashi M, Taguchi H, Yamaguchi H, Osaki T, Kamiya S. Studies of the effect of Clostridium butyricum on Helicobacter pylori in several test models including gnotobiotic mice. J Med Microbiol. 2000;49(7):635-642. doi:10.1099/0022-1317-49-7-635.
The enterobacteria contained in Probiotic-3 act in symbiosis and support a healthy intestinal flora. Lactic acid and butyric acid-producing probiotics inhibit the growth of non beneficial bacteria while promoting the growth of the beneficial Bifidobacterium strain.*
AOR™ guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Made without wheat, gluten, corn, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulfites, mustard, soy, eggs, fish or shellfish. Contains: milk (lactose)
Take 2-3 capsules per day with/without food, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner. Take at least 2-3 hours before or after taking antibiotics. Refrigerate after opening.
Consult your physician before use if you are pregnant, lactating, have a medical condition, or are taking any medication. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, severe abdominal pain, discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner.
The information and product descriptions appearing on this website are for information purposes only, and are not intended to provide or replace medical advice to individuals from a qualified health care professional. Consult with your physician if you have any health concerns, and before initiating any new diet, exercise, supplement, or other lifestyle changes.
† Daily Value not established.
‡ Colony-forming units
Other Ingredients: lactose, potato starch, polyvinyl alcohol, and polyvinylpyrrolidone.
Capsule: hypromellose and purified water.
Contains: milk (lactose).
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Tsuda Y, Yoshimatsu Y, Aoki H, et al. Clinical effectiveness of probiotics therapy (BIO-THREE) in patients with ulcerative colitis refractory to conventional therapy. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007;42(11):1306-1311. doi:10.1080/00365520701396091
Yoshimatsu Y, Yamada A, Furukawa R, et al. Effectiveness of probiotic therapy for the prevention of relapse in patients with inactive ulcerative colitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21(19):5985-5994. doi:10.3748/wjg.v21.i19.5985
Chen CJCC, Kong MS, Lai MW, et al. Probiotics have clinical, microbiologic, and immunologic efficacy in acute infectious diarrhea. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010;29(2):135-138. doi:10.1097/ INF.0b013e3181b530bf
Chen CJCC, Kong MS, Lai MW, et al. Probiotics have clinical, microbiologic, and immunologic efficacy in acute infectious diarrhea. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010;29(2):135-138. doi:10.1097/ INF.0b013e3181b530bf.