*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Ingredient information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) is another herb that provides promising results for those who want to ease anxiousness or relieve restlessness before bed. This herbaceous flowering vine also boasts a long history of medicinal use by Native Americans as a poultice to heal cuts and bruises, and by the Incas who used the herb to brew a tonic.
Passionflower has been used traditionally for centuries for its relaxation and sedative properties. It has been studied for its ability to reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
- Countries of origin: Italy, France, India
- Part used: (Passiflora incarnate) Aerial parts
- Solvent for extraction: Ethanol/water
- Native extract ratio: 3.5-7 / 1
- Stored form: Light brown to brown powder