*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Ingredient information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Material Name(s): L-Glutamine, Glutamine
L-Glutamine is one of the 20 fundamental amino acids involved in protein synthesis; it is also the most abundant, forming approximately one-fifth of the amino acid pool in the human bloodstream. Glutamine is critical for a wide variety of essential functions, including optimal operation of the kidneys, pancreas, gall bladder, liver, small and large intestines, and the brain. However, it is best known for boosting immunity, helping to heal the gut lining, and enhancing muscle growth.
L-Glutamine stimulates the production of human growth hormone (hGH), which is essential for building muscle and maintaining youthful cellular function. Since L-glutamine is depleted by intense exercise, it is an important component of sports nutrition.
Regarding glutamine supplementation in exercise endurance:
- Increases muscle glycogen synthesis and reduces ammonia accumulation and these benefits are increased when supplementation is >5 consecutive days
- Supplementation decreases blood CK and LDH levels which are markers of muscle breakdown
- Supplementation is most beneficial in prolonged endurance exercises
- Country of origin: USA
- Starting material: Glucose
- Extraction via Fermentation process
- Stored form: White crystalline powder