Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder that has undergone many changes in diagnostic criteria over the last 30 years. Previously, the diagnosis was based on the presence of polycystic ovaries (PCO): an increased number of follicles in each ovary and/or an abnormally large ovarian volume. But the multi-system involvement in PCOS has led to multiple versions or subtypes of the disorder. PCOS and PCO are associated with metabolic and hormonal dysfunction including insulin resistance and the resulting high levels of androgens, such as testosterone. The result of this dysfunction is the characteristically high number of immature follicles within the
Join Our Rewards Program Sign Up
Transform health through evidence-based, natural and therapeutic products offered by AOR.
Over 100+ premium products that deliver
A clinically proven formula that works like a prebiotic, probiotic, symbiotic, and postbiotic all in one to support microbiome and gut health.
- The only formula that has unique probiotics as well as supporting strains to increase colonization and effectiveness, and naturally produces short chain fatty acids like butyrate and propionate
- Reduces the growth of pathogenic bacteria while promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria like Bifidobacterium and akkermansia
- Normalizes the inflammatory response, promotes detoxification, supports immunity and provides relief from allergies
- Proven to help prevent traveler’s and antibiotic-induced diarrhea
- The only probiotic in Canada that includes a strain which produces clinical amounts of butyric acid
Our scientists are continually...
Learn about AOR & our supplements.
Insomnia is the most prevalent sleep disorder and affects a large proportion of the population on a situational, recurrent or chronic basis.[i] An estimated one third of a general population presents at least one form of insomnia and 6% to 10% meet criteria for an insomnia disorder.[ii] Prescription ‘sleeping pills’ (or sedative hypnotics) are associated with numerous side effects and according to available evidence, the risks of chronic hypnotic use outweigh the benefits.[iii] Thankfully, various natural alternatives are available. Lifestyle and diet There are several aspects of our lifestyle and diet that can be modified to improve sleep quality. For
The skin is one of the largest organs in the body and has a variety of cells including: keratinocytes, sebaceous glands, fibroblasts, melanocytes, adipocytes (fat cells) and so on. These cells in turn have a large range of receptors among others, endocannabinoid and related receptors like CB1, CB2, TRPV1, PPAR, COX, opioid, TLR, GRP55, GPR119 etc. Observational reports from the 1990s showed that when cannabis, hashish and other variants of cannabis were abused, there was accompanied skin disorders like hair loss, acne, ageing, dermatitis, dry skin etc. These observations indicated that cannabinoids may modulate these receptors and that using the