Menopause is a normal, natural and inevitable event that affects all women reaching middle to late adulthood. In a very basic sense, menopause occurs as a result of aging. Changes in the structure and function of the female ovaries lead to a drastic drop in estrogen levels and permanent cessation of menses. Unfortunately, its associated symptoms can make this process quite uncomfortable for many women and can negatively impact their social life, psychological health and overall well- being.1 The most common concern in postmenopausal women are hot flashes; these cause an episodic feeling of heat, intense sweating and flushing of
Every day, you hear about the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. Often, medical experts advise that dietary health supplements can help solve a wide variety of health issues. But are dietary supplements worth it? You might wonder if a supplement is vital for you get and stay healthy. Read on to learn more about why you should definitely consider making dietary supplements a part of your daily regimen.
While experts state that most of your nutritional needs should be met with whole foods, some people may have trouble getting certain nutrients from their diet. This can be true even if you are following a healthy eating plan. Eating a healthy diet isn’t always enough to ensure you get all the vitamins and nutrients you need. The soil has been heavily depleted of vitamins and nutrients. Much of the food today is devoid of adequate nutrients.
Does Everyone Need to Take Dietary Supplements?
Most of us could benefit from some version of dietary supplementation. Some people, who for whatever reason can’t get needed nutrients from their diet, will need to add a nutritional supplement to their eating plan.
Some groups that should consider taking supplements include the following:
- Senior citizens
- Pregnant women
- Adults and children that experience food inadequacy
- Adults who take in less than 1,600 calories due to lack of an appetite or an illness
For Those Who Have Limited Food Choices
Some people have severe food allergies, which keeps them from getting needed nutrients. Others have other conditions or eat a plant-based diet. All of these circumstances can keep these groups from getting important nutrients such as B12. If you’re in this situation, either eat B12 fortified foods or take a supplement.
Pregnant women should take great care to get folic acid and folate during their pregnancy. These supplements can prevent birth defects. You should also see your physician to get your iron checked. Women with low levels of iron will get an iron supplement.
Some children and adolescents might have a vitamin D deficiency. Infants who are breastfeeding and children who don’t get the recommended levels of vitamin D should take a supplement, depending on doctor recommendations. If you suspect that your child has this type of deficiency, see your pediatrician first.
Other Groups That Can Benefit From Dietary Health Supplements
- Those who take certain types of medications
- Those who are deficient in important nutrients
- Those whose bodies don’t take in nutrients the way it should
While you should eat a healthy diet, you can augment your health by taking a nutritional supplement. Not only can you experience many dietary supplements benefits, but you can ensure that you’re getting the nutrients needed to live your best possible life. AOR offers
Try our Supplements
Lava Rox™ – Probiotic for Oral Health (24 ct)Sale!
Sugar-free, Naturally-Flavoured Probiotics to Support Children’s Oral Health and Immunity
- A fun-loving probiotic designed to support your child’s ear, nose and throat health, as well as promote fresh breath.
- Raspberry flavored and sugar-free, they dissolve in your mouth with a fun fizzle and pop!
- No artificial flavors, colors, or chemicals.
- Supports normal development of teeth and gums
Back to School Offer!
Lava Rox™ – Probiotic for Immune Health (24 ct)Sale!
The Fun Probiotic Designed to Support your Child’s Immune System
- Two human strains of beneficial bacteria to promote a healthy microflora and inhibit harmful bacteria and infections, colds and flu
- Maintains a healthy gut and bowel
- Cherry-flavored and sugar-free, they dissolve in your mouth with a fun fizzle and pop!
- No artificial flavors, colors or chemicals
- Dairy and gluten-free
Back to School Offer!